Sunday, March 27, 2011

Is your life worth 15 minutes? (how to make your own survival kit)


What if right now there was a flash flood, or a hurricane, or even a tsunami just minutes away? What is your plan, where will you and your family go to stay safe, and how will you survive? Sadly, these simple questions are often left unanswered until it is too late. As seen after hurricane Katrina and the most recent earthquake/tsunami in Japan, hundreds and even thousands of people are left stranded from society by the sheer devastation. Emergency respondents are often broken up to provide relief to specific areas hit worst by the disaster. This leaves thousands of people without rescue, electricity, running water, phone service, and even food for days. Hundreds can die from the aftermath of a disaster because they lacked the necessary provisions to simply LIVE.

DON'T LET THAT BE YOU!!

Take 15 minutes of your day right now and possibly save your life years from now when a freak disaster occurs. More often than not, it takes rescue teams 3 days to reach most effected areas. 72hours.org takes the guess work out of being prepared for the longest 3 days of your life. Learn how to protect your family and even pets, what to have ready, and what to do during various types of disasters.

Is your life worth 15 minutes?
Visit 72hours.org to get started.

21 comments:

  1. already prepared for a zombie apocalypse so I think that counts for a natural disaster too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I had the resources I would make myself a survival kit. Looks like it could actually do me a lot of good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would need some of those tiny liquor bottles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll get to it eventually, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My survival kit: case with my 1911, 3 loaded mags and a stick of gum.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember making severaly survival tins from altoid tin cans, i thought it was a great idea, it had everything you need from minor first aid to lights for a fire. Thanks for the post man

    ReplyDelete
  7. i finally made one after reading this post

    ReplyDelete
  8. My girlfriend has been ranting about making one of these kits -I'll have to forward her the site. thanks for posting this.

    ReplyDelete
  9. CPR is very important!
    Cool stuff my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very useful post, especially with the high rate of natural disasters and the overall state of society.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't have a "survival kit" but I live on a hill in a rural flood prone area. Most years there will be at least a couple of days where I will be flooded in so I'm pretty used to spending 2-3 days without access to any shops. Theres always plenty of canned food here, and we have rain water tanks (no town water), but theres been a few times when I've been caught with insufficient booze or weed, and when you can't leave the house and quite often there is no electricity, those are almost as essential as food and water.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just recently lost power for 8 days after cyclone yasi messed up my city. I wasn't prepared for that.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Haven't really thought about anything like that serouisly. But I'm living on a hill immun to tsunami, tornado, earthquake etc. etc. BUT a nucular powerplant is just 80km away 8|

    ReplyDelete
  14. great article :) I am glad that someone wrote something about that topic

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  16. My armaggeddon kit doubles over as a catastrophie or calamity kit, so I'm good =3

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great tips right there very important

    ReplyDelete
  18. Never thought about this..
    Guess I should start getting to work lol

    ReplyDelete